Official Commitment on Women Friendly City
Municipalities and Governorships of Antalya, Bursa, Gaziantep, Malatya, Mardin and Samsun provinces, which participated in the Project opening event organized in Ankara Hilton on 6th of July, 2012 undersigned the Official commitment on Women Friendly City in the framework of the second phase of Women Friendly Cities Project which is being carried out by General Directorate of Local Administrations of Ministry of Interior with the technical support of United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and with the financial support of Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). The administrators of the cities from the first phase (İzmir, Kars, Nevşehir, Şanlıurfa and Trabzon) had already undersigned this letter during the first phase of the project.
WE, AS THE CITIES HAVING SIGNATURES BELOW, TAKE IT AS A RESPONSIBILITY TO;
- Establish Provincial Women’s Rights Coordination Committees in the cities with the participation of local stakeholders,
- Establish Commissions on Women-Men Equality in Municipal and Provincial Assemblies,
- Establish Women-Men Equality Units in our Municipalities and Governorships,
- Prepare Local Equality Action Plans of the cities with our local stakeholders (local public institutions, local administrations, women’ organization, universities, non-governmental organizations) and follow their implementation,
- Prepare our budgets by taking “gender sensitivity” principle into account,
- Cooperate with women’s organizations to empower the status of women and girls,
- Carry out awareness raising activities for women-men equality,
- Support the activities to be organized in the scope of the Project, use all of the existing physical and social sources within the project and provide required convenience for the personnel to organize them,
and undertake becoming a WOMEN FRIENDLY CITY.